Laserfiche WebLink
® X INC SACRAMENTO <br />jr��-NIVF,'ITAIL HEALTH <br />j L "3 P"i 2' 00 <br />May 16, 1989 <br />Mr. Ulycess Williams <br />334 Olympic Circle <br />Stockton, California 95205 <br />Reference: Site Investigation at 2400 Airport Way, Stockton, <br />California; Versar Job No. 6147.323 <br />Dear Mr. Williams: <br />The purpose of this letter is to report the results of Versar's <br />investigation of the property located at 2400 Airport Way in Stockton, <br />California. <br />INTRODUCTION <br />Under a contract dated January 12, 1989, Mr Ulycess Williams <br />retained Versar to perform a geotechnical property assessment at the <br />above address, located at the southwest corner of the intersection of <br />Airport Way and Tenth Street. The Assessor's Parcel Number for the <br />property is 169-100-29. The site is located at an elevation of <br />17 feet above mean sea level (MSL). Ground water is reported to be <br />present at approximately 20 feet below MSL. The purpose of the <br />investigation was to determine if any environmental impairment was <br />present at the site as a result of its previous utilization as a service <br />station. Mr Williams plans to develop the property into a service <br />station. The location of the property is shown in Figure 1, Attachment <br />SITE HISTORY <br />In 1956, a service station was constructed at the southwest corner <br />of Airport Way and Tenth Street. No detailed records of past operations <br />at the site are available; however, in 1977, when the station closed, it <br />was operating as a Chevron Station. It is unknown if Chevron operated <br />the station during the entire operational history The records of the <br />Stockton Fire Department indicate that underground storage tanks (USTs) <br />were initially installed in 1956, replaced in 1964, and subsequently <br />removed when the station was closed (in 1977), although this was not <br />witnessed by a representative of the Fire Department. In 1985, the Fire <br />Department attempted to update their records regarding the site. On <br />October 24, 1985, an entry was made in their records when a former owner <br />of the property informed the Fire Department that the tanks had been <br />removed in 1977. However, no formal documentation or plans were known <br />to substantiate that report. The Fire Department records, which include <br />two crude site diagrams, are included as Attachment 11 <br />5330 PRIMROSE DRiVE 0 SUITE 228 • FAIR OAKS CALIFORNIA 95628 <br />TELEPHONE (916) 962-1612 • FAX (916) 962-2678 <br />