My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
SU0004097
Environmental Health - Public
>
EHD Program Facility Records by Street Name
>
T
>
TRACY
>
32003
>
2600 - Land Use Program
>
PA-0200377
>
SU0004097
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
5/7/2020 11:30:30 AM
Creation date
9/9/2019 10:42:50 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
EHD - Public
ProgramCode
2600 - Land Use Program
RECORD_ID
SU0004097
FACILITY_NAME
PA-0200377
STREET_NUMBER
32003
Direction
S
STREET_NAME
TRACY
STREET_TYPE
BLVD
City
TRACY
ENTERED_DATE
5/12/2004 12:00:00 AM
SITE_LOCATION
32003 S TRACY BLVD
RECEIVED_DATE
10/4/2002 12:00:00 AM
QC Status
Approved
Scanner
SJGOV\rtan
Supplemental fields
FilePath
\MIGRATIONS\T\TRACY\32003\PA-0200377\SU0004097\APPL.PDF \MIGRATIONS\T\TRACY\32003\PA-0200377\SU0004097\CDD OK.PDF \MIGRATIONS\T\TRACY\32003\PA-0200377\SU0004097\EH COND.PDF
Tags
EHD - Public
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
184
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
View images
View plain text
1 <br /> Biological Resources, MONS&.ASSOCIATt ES <br /> Impacts and Mitigations <br /> Tracy Facility Expansion Site <br /> 13 (1971), EP-75-2(1975), EP-80-3 (1979). The proposed expansion site was permitted under <br /> EP-80-3 (phases 3 and 4)to remove 30,000,000 tons of sand and gravel over a five-year period. <br /> An environmental impact report,ER-75-2 was prepared for Permit No. EP-75-2. The proposed <br /> expansion site was deleted from the QX-8971 application(which was a renewal of EP-80-3) <br /> because of potential-,impacts to kit fox. QX-89 was subsequently approved, effective April 30, <br /> 1992,without phases 3 and 4 (the proposed expansion site). <br /> Both the east half and the west half of the 267-acre parcel he within a Mineral Resource Zone <br /> (MRZ-2) designated by the State Department of Mines and Geology as containing regionally <br /> significant deposits of high quality sand and gravel (Special Report 160, Stockton-Lodi <br /> Production-Consumption Region). The east half has now been depleted, except for the currently <br /> inaccessible portion that lies beneath the plant site of the Tracy Facility. The west half is the <br /> location of the proposed excavation expansion discussed herein. <br /> 3.2 History of the Project Site <br /> T_Jw jert Sites c�ons3st:S of approximately 137 aeres of previously disturbed habitat. Plast <br /> project disturbances on <br /> the ro'ect site have included: <br /> 1. Coal was discovered in Coral Hollow Canyon in 1857 and a haul road was constructed <br /> across the project site to allow coal wagons to haul coal to the San Joaquin River,three miles <br /> east of Tracy. <br /> 2. In 1870,the Western Pacific Railroad ran a rail spur four miles into Corral Hollow Canyon <br /> and used a steam shovel to open a gravel pit for ballast rock. <br /> 3. In 1895, a strip of land 100 feet wide within the boundaries of the project site was conveyed !` <br /> to the Alameda and San Joaquin Railroad Company,then a subsidiary of the Western Pacific <br /> Railroad and now the Union Pacific Railroad. This railroad right-of-way runs northeast to <br /> southwest through the project site as shown on the site pian(Figure 1). This easement was <br /> originally used to construct a railroad spur to connect to the mouth of the Corral Hollow <br /> Canyon. <br /> 4. The middle portion of the project site,,approximately one third of the property,was mined <br />! prior to Granite's acquisition of the site during historic mining. All topsoils and subsoils <br /> were removed from this portion of the project site. <br /> 5. Installation of an underground Unocal pipeline and creation and maintenance of facility <br /> access roads. <br /> 6. Corral Hollow Creek drainage,which flows west to east across the project site,was re- <br /> aligned and reconstructed adjacent to the California Aqueduct at the time of California <br /> Aqueduct construction in the 1960's. <br /> 7. The production of gravel shifted to the mouth of Corral Hollow about 1 mile west of the <br /> .project site in 1906 when Ford and Plummer opened the River Rock Plant. This plant was <br /> II <br /> 2 <br /> i <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.